1) It's our second week of the summer holidays so my first reason to smile is that I'm so proud of Midge for how well she's done in reception and I'm really looking forward to her moving up into year 1 in September. I can't believe how much she's changed though! This photo is her first day in Reception and her last:
2) I'm smiling because I have my first practical course this Friday on Indian Head Massage. I'm nervous and hoping I pass but equally I'm looking forward to it and believe in myself.
3) I wrote this post about Excessive Blushing and had a wonderful response. So many kind comments from lovely readers and people who actually went through the same thing. Thank you to all of you who commented. I'm really smiling about this because I think I may have made someone become aware that somebody they love very much who is still young, could be struggling with social anxiety. I really hope my story has helped.
4) I went for a swim all by myself this month and beat the anxiety which usually holds me back. I had an awesome time and hopefully, if I'm feeling better, I should be doing it again tomorrow.
6) We had a wonderful family break thanks to Trevella Park in Newquay. I had a great time and will be placing a deposit for next year as soon as I can!
7) We had a family BBQ which went really well and was a lot of fun. The weather has turned a little but I hope it's not the last, my Mum wants one for her birthday in August!
8) I now have 8 pen-pals so have a steady income of Happy Mail. Receiving happy post always makes me smile.
9) Someone I love and care about very much has landed a new job, a complete career change. I couldn't more proud of them and I hope to be less elusive about it one day soon. Especially as I have a gift planned.
10) As always, my family are happy, healthy and with me. I'll always be smiling knowing this.
What a lovely way to start August on the blog! I'm linking up with the lovely EmmyMom as usual for this link up but also with Mummy From the Heart's Reasons to be Cheerful.