Now the festivities are done and the first days of the new year are out of the way I can finally reflect on my December and sum up those ten good things which made me smile.
1) Firstly, we had a wonderful Christmas. It was our first Christmas in our new home and my first year hosting! We were all spoilt and the children enjoyed the festivities so much.
2) Midge had her nativity which was just lovely, I still have the songs in my head! She dressed as a Victorian child and all the children looked wonderful. I may have got a little teary at the pre-showing where they performed a song at the light switch on..
3) Puddle jumping on Christmas Eve, Eve was so much fun. Midge was convinced that our jumping and happiness stopped the rain, I couldn't agree more!
4) We made a new tradition this year! We all went out for dinner, very spontaneously, then walked the long way home to view the Christmas lights that we would normally miss. It's fun going on an adventure, especially at Christmas. We'll definitely do it next year.
5) After two years I have finally had my moment in the Tots100 top 500. I was absolutely chuffed at this news and even though I'm pretty relaxed (after practice!) it's still nice to climb the ladder!
6) I've made a good start on my letter writing, keeping in touch with all of my pen pals. I sent off a handful of letters before New Year and it has been nice to hear of everyones Christmas holiday.
7) Midge sat down the other night and started on her thank-you cards to family and friends. I just think it's such a nice thing to do for those who go to the trouble of buying a lovely gift for you but don't get to be with you on Christmas itself.
8) I've had a pretty darn good 2013 and I'm ready to move on from the troubles it brought personally, this in itself makes me happy.
9) I started birthday planning! I love to get the theme and guest list sorted out and plan everything early so nearer the time I'm armed with a list and my card and I'm gone! I cannot believe Midge will be 6 in just a few weeks.
10) Little A can now finally say his whole name. We've been trying for ages to get him to just say his Christian name and one day he just came out and repeated everything Jay said. He's now saying his name regularly along with everyone else's!
I'm looking forward to having a whole years worth of 10 Things to Smile About in 2014. Why not hop on over to the wonderful EmmyMom and share your 10 good things from every month?