If you follow my blog you'll know I often like to do things to cheer people up. You'll know that every month I send gifts out to those I know, family and friends, who are going through a hard time or have done something really quite wonderful and deserved a little treat. It's by doing these things that I have decided to start my own project: Project Kindness.
I have a page here on my blog listing all the random acts of kindness that I would like to achieve. There is no set time, there is no limit to how many times I can do an act of kindness. The ones I've listed are acts that aren't so everyday. Everyday I like to smile at a stranger, look for someone who needs a hand, hold a door open or offer a place in front of me in the Que.
The acts on my page are just that little bit more from me.
I'll be continuing to send out monthly gifts and performing all sorts of acts of kindness that most of us do (sometimes without realising, sometimes just automatically because it's the 'right' thing to do) but this project will help me to give something back. To be less selfish. To grow as a human being. My children will also accompany me on many of these acts, so I believe I am paving the way for a future generation of kind, loving and giving people.
As always, feel free to mail me if there is someone you think needs a little cheering up.
My Random Acts of Kindness
- Leave a thank you gift for our postman
- Buy all the items on my local food bank list
- Make a box before Christmas for a child or a solider.
- Write a long letter to someone to express how much they mean to me/why are they are a wonderful person
- Leave some money for a toy in a local store
- Leave money on a coffee/food machine
- Place bubbles around a kids park
- Stick pound coins on trolleys
- Take colouring pens and pencils to a local hospital for children in the waiting area
- Do husbands chores by surprise
- Adopt an animal
- Sponsor something/someone
- Leave a tip
- Get a stranger a free spa/beauty treatment
- Host a giveaway on my blog
- Leave nappies and wipes in a baby room
- Send a gift to a post pals child
- Buy food for the local animal shelter
- Send flowers to someone.
- Bring doughnuts to the local fire station to thank them for their hard work
- Become an organ donor (I recently had a tattoo so unfortunately cannot give blood for quite a while :(
- Buy some local art work: it's tough being an artist and there is some fantastic local artwork so I just need to pick one!)
- Leave a book I really enjoyed behind in a local place with a note
- Cook my Husband a 3 course meal. All 3 courses will be his favourite foods.
- Have a 'Yes' day with the children. This leaves me at their every whim (almost) but in a good way! If its reasonable its a yes!
That should keep me busy! I'll be blogging all of these acts so do keep an eye out on the blog!