I cannot believe it is the last week of June already. Madness. Every month I like to try to link up with Emmy Mom and her fabulous linky 10 Things to Smile About...Here are my offerings for June:
1) Our new kitten is settling in really well. We've had a few accidents but nothing truly awful. Little A is learning to be more gentle (he has never had a pet like this before) and although a normal scratchy thing, she seems to be a happy, playful kitten.
2. Midge came home this month with her second reading award, a silver one. I'm so proud. It's sports day this Friday and she's really nervous about not winning. Trying to tell her about all these awards and how great they are but at the same time are not the be all and end all of everything is hard!
3. My sister is back from university which is always nice. She's seeing some friends, earning some money and stayed over last week. She'll be visiting again this week which we're all really looking forward to.
4. We had a lovely, impromptu dinner out last weekend. it was the nicest dinner we have had out in ages. We went to our local Wetherspoons. The children were really well behaved and the food was so good! Little A tried Daddy's Cornish burger. I had to get a shot of that!
5. June saw us take a break to Cambridge which was just wonderful. I've written about here if you want to take a look (you should!) It was so nice to get away from it all and was very relaxing (most of the time!) More importantly, it was wonderful to spend time with family I don't get to see very often.
6. I've found dairy free whipped cream and dairy free condensed milk! This pleases me so very, very much- you have no idea! I shall bake millionaires shortbread and eat strawberry's with meringue and cream (oh yes, and SQUIRT THE CREAM IN MY MOUTH like the good old days!!)
7. I've been really into my reading this month and have been enjoying it so much mostly thanks to a pen pal of mine. Speaking of pen pals, I'm having so much fun sending out snail mail to some lovely people on a regular basis. I need to find an American pen pal though so I can add to my postcard collection!
8. We've got a weekend away planned in July which I'm really looking forward to. More on that next month I'm sure!
9. I've had some great second hand buys this month. From children's clothes to adding to my stationary and care bear collection, it's been great. I love buying second hand items and going 'scavenger hunting.' I've even bought new books for £2!
10. I've been babysitting my niece with Hubby every once and a while throughout June and it has been so wonderful to spend time with her. We also pick up Midge and all her cousins from school so the house is a bit nuts for half hour or so. It's kind of nice though!
So there are my 10 Good Things for this month. I'm also linking up with Michelle's Reasons to be Cheerful which I love taking part in.